ABOUT US: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
The Director of Marketing and Customer Experience will lead the Marketing department with the implementation of the Company’s marketing, brand and customer experience strategies. This position will provide leadership and support while owning the execution of key projects that align with the Company’s strategic priorities.
We are seeking a hands-on, results driven experienced leader in sales and marketing including in depth knowledge of digital marketing. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing and Environmental Services, the Director of Marketing and Customer Experience will be responsible for:
- Leading the marketing department in the development and execution of marketing and customer experience programs for the organization;
- Developing of innovative marketing plans in collaboration with the Home, Business and Auto markets sales teams to execute upon established sales objectives and drive organic growth;
- Providing oversight for the execution of our brand elevation and community investment programs for the organization;
- Creating Corporate Brand materials and ensuring consistent use of the McDougall Energy brand (stationary, e-presence, signage, fleet branding, point of sales materials);
- Providing oversight for the promotion and measurement of External Referral Programs (customer, contractor etc.) and customer surveys;
- The development and implementation of a long term digital marketing strategy from its current Vision state (i.e. Social media, Google, Search Engine Management - pay per click, key word management, etc.);
- Overseeing all marketing and advertising campaign development and implementation including, digital, search engine and traditional marketing;
- Developing plans and strategies based on new sales territories for marketing, community investment, branding and communications;
- Developing our customer portal content and enhancements in collaboration with other departments to ensure best in class approach;
- Developing a customer experience strategy including a Customer Relationship Management platform;
- Reviewing and approving all public relations activity, press releases, media policy, and oversee crisis communication plans.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 10 years progressive marketing experience including managing and leading marketing plans, campaigns and communications
- Degree in Business with a Marketing major or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies to drive organic growth (digital and traditional)
- Understanding of content management and social media usage (ideally as a practitioner)
- Superior organizational, project management, and time management skills to meet aggressive deadlines and frequently changing priorities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience managing and developing direct reports
- Pro-active team player with a positive attitude and absolute commitment to delivering a superior customer experience for McDougall Energy customers
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Highly proficient with all Microsoft Office software products
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time