Under the supervision of Recreation Supervisor and Program Coordinator, the Community Activity Leader is responsible for supporting and supervising recreational opportunities and engaging with participants. Examples of engagement are; having meaningful conversations about their community, introducing programs offered through the City of London, connecting participants with community partners, and taking feedback about the programs.
- Preparing for regular recreational events by ensuring proper equipment is available, making documents and photocopies etc.
- Liaise, coordinate and provide excellent communication with residents, community groups and staff.
- Supervise regular recreational events to ensure safety and equitable participation.
- Complete other administrative tasks such as tracking statistics and survey result collection.
- Assist with promotion of City of London neighbourhood programs and initiatives.
- Organize and maintain City of London equipment and resources.
- Communicate and coordinate with other City of London staff.
- Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to, including Employment Standards and Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Proficient knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience
- Program planning experience, organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and problem solve
- Knowledge of community organizations and resources
- Community engagement, events or marketing experience an asset
- Ability to speak other languages an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR and Current Police Reference Check required
Personal Characteristics include:
- Creative, confident, positive and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and make independent judgments
- Flexible and organized
Compensation Range $15.50 per hour
- Hours worked vary from weekdays, weekends, daytime, evenings (beginning March 2020).
- Up to 24 hours a week