G&L-Maintenance & Service Division
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Great opportunity to join a fantastic team at G&L.
G&L is the GTA’s only independent construction material supplier through the-construction, landscaping and contracting industries to offer this all-inclusive product line and services. For over 45 years, The G&L Group of Companies includes Toronto Redi-Mix, Brock Aggregates, Earthco Soil Mixtures, Draglam Salt, and Draglam Waste & Recycling.
G&L is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and has heavy-duty trucks and equipment which are vital to our success. As an organization poised for significant growth, it’s imperative that our fleet is operating to its fullest capacity. G&L’s Maintenance & Service division is comprised of a team of certified quality mechanics who pride themselves on craftmanship.
A family-oriented organization, G&L offers a fulfilling work environment that rewards and recognizes progress. We promote and celebrate success and those who achieve it.
Our goal is simple – to serve our clients with a passion for excellence and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
G&L is seeking a responsible, passionate, outgoing, energetic Heavy Equipment Mechanic who will be responsible for the diagnoses of mechanical problems and repairs to equipment. Performs preventative and scheduled maintenance on equipment under the direction of a mechanic.
Hours will vary and will be agreed upon prior to hire.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment.
- Welding to equipment as needed.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul and maintain equipment and working tools, electrical and electronic systems, diesel engines, hydraulic systems and drive train components.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, component or systems.
- Test equipment to ensure proper performance.
- Complete maintenance reports and required documentation.
- Complete all duties in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Practice good housekeeping habits.
- Make service calls as needed.
- Report any accident or injury immediately to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a valid Truck & Coach Technician or Heavy Equipment Certificate.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- High quality work is carried out in a timely manner.
- Be in good physical condition and capable of completing all tasks which require the ability to lift heavy objects.
- Able to work shifts.
- Work at heights.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with superiors and coworkers.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle pressure and remain calm in all situations.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation time
- Insurance Medical & Dental, Group Retirement Program
Job Type: Full-time
- 421A or 310T (Required)