The Bargains Group Ltd
890 Caledonia Road
Toronto, Ontario M6B 3Y1
VP of Operations/President
The Bargains Group is an award winning, entrepreneurial, Canadian owned and operated company, which has been growing
constantly for over 25 years. We like to think of ourselves as Bargain Idea Generators. Our dedicated and caring BG family provides
retailers, companies, individuals, schools, organizations, associations and social services with quality merchandise and custom logoed
promotional products at wholesale bargain prices. We are innovative, love making our clients happy at a bargain, and believe in being
Learn more about the Bargains Group at:
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Administrator to join our BG family on a 12 month renewable contract.
Reporting to the VP of Operations/President, the Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the inventory while
providing necessary support to the sales team and warehouse staff. You will be negotiating prices and keeping key vendor
relationships intact. You are someone who enjoys speaking directly with others, and you are friendly and respectful, while being firm
when the need arises. You are professional and results driven, yet light-hearted and fun. You exceed people’s expectations on a
regular basis while seeking continual improvement, and are always looking for new and inventive ways to build stronger relationships
with suppliers. Your ultimate goal is to make all of our suppliers happy and have them refer you to others!
Essential Skills and Key Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Prepare purchasing reports, as well as some sales related reports when needed.
- Efficiently enter purchase orders with complete accuracy.
- Communicate information pertaining to new products’ arrival into warehouse with management and warehouse staff.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining performance objectives and goals.
- Liaise with warehouse and sales team on all shipments to check for accuracy, quality control and packaging
- Prepare Purchase/Sales Analysis, weekly inventory reports and all other required reports.
- Active communication and overall correspondence with all vendors including but not limited to: ordering, logistics, purchase
- Monitor all price variations both externally and internally.
- Monitor inventory and replenish products when necessary and advise Marketing Department of sold out items for them to
keep website up to-date.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Attend trade shows and manage new & existing vendor products/contact details.
- Replenish and Monitor all stock.
- Request and Manage samples received from suppliers.
- Build great relationships with suppliers, so they are willing to negotiate prices and eager to assist us when needed.
- Answer incoming calls, emails and vendor enquiries.
- Assist Accounts Payable Department with the reporting of damages /shortages, collection of vendor invoices to suppliers.
- Update all vendor cards and maintain current correspondence.
- Assist Marketing with product preparation for showroom and sales meetings.
- Participate in training classes and actively seek professional development.
- Fantastic administrative and organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Self confidence and great negotiating skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, CRM and more.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Infusionsoft CRM or equivalent an asset.
- Experience with inventory applications preferred.
- Post-secondary education preferred, with one to three (1-3) years’ experience and proven success in a purchasing position.
- Critical decision making skills.
- Successful working in an entrepreneurial team environment.
- Self-driven and goal oriented with the desire to exceed expectations and meet new challenges.
All interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bargains Group is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in
accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.