The Care Group (“TCG”) offers high quality residential care services to complex care clients in 8 homes throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Based in Coquitlam, we are a privately owned and operated assisted living and complex care provider that offers both subsidized and private pay care. TCG is a fast-growing company with great opportunities for motivated team members.
Our Vision: To provide our residents with excellent care and quality of life
Our Mission: To deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring, and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, community partners, and local health authorities.
At The Care Group we believe our residents deserve excellence in care and we strive to achieve this by working as a team towards our common goal - a happy and healthy resident. We place the highest value on providing:
1. Respect for the individual and his/her rights
2. Quality of life and environment
3. Independence and choice
4. Collaboration with family and caregivers
5. Accountability and integrity.
6. Development and support of great caregivers
We are looking for Registered Nurses to join our Point Grey team in Vancouver (Kitsilano), B.C.
What does a Registered Nurse do?
- Resident admissions, discharges and transfers
- Resident assessments and care planning
- Administration of medications, treatments and wound care
- Proficient with electronic documentation (PointClickCare) and MDS Assessments
- Liaises with physicians, families, and other members of the care team
- Delegates tasks to unregulated care providers
Charge Nurse responsibilities
Participates in care conferences and medication reviews.
Wage: as per the BCNU provincial agreement.
- Registered and in good standing with BCCNP
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Competent in electronic documentation and EMar
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Previous experience in Long Term Care preferred
- COVID-19 Immunization Certificate
Point Grey, significantly expanded and improved in 2020, offers 153 licensed residential care beds consisting of primarily single occupancy rooms. Point Grey boasts views of the mountains and ocean as well as large windows and homelike furnishings. This home has four stories with a dining area, recreation areas and a large outdoor patio on each floor. The desirable location and freshly decorated interior provides our clients with a comfortable and homelike environment. Point Grey Private Hospital works in collaboration with the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority to offer funded beds but also has five private pay rooms available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match