Great Lakes Poultry is a family owned turkey farming business. We are currently seeking a reliable, hardworking and dedicated individuals to assist with our Wainfleet farm during weekends.
Current Openings for Poultry Farm Workers
As a poultry farm worker you will work to monitor bird conditions, check and respond to sensor alarms and duties including cleaning barns and operating farm machinery including tractors, as required.
Hours and Days of Work
- Part time, weekend work.
- Hours of work will vary.
- We are located at 12750 Mittlesteadt Road, Wainfleet, On , L0S 1V0 (no bus route).
- Please do not apply in person, as biosecurity is in effect at all farm locations
- Ability to work in varying temperatures including outdoors and barn conditions year-round.
- Fast paced environment.
- Standing for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift approx. 50lbs on a consistent basis.
- Pushing / Pulling, Bending.
- Repetitive use of both hands.
- Start Rate- $16.00-$20.00/hr, depending on experience.
- Wage review following successful probationary period (3 months).
- 2 weeks (10 days) of vacation time per year.
- Housing, if available.
- We reward employees who are reliable, take initiative and have a positive attitude.
- No educational requirements for this role.
- Basic farm knowledge or experience, is an asset.
Please submit your resume through Indeed or recruiting@belwoodpoultry. com, we thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not apply in person, as biosecurity is in effect at all farm locations
If you have any additional questions please contact us at 519-736-2236 ext 21
Great Lakes Poultry welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates during all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Basic Farm: 1 year (Preferred)