Little Mountain Learning Academy is looking for a passionate and skilled English Educator with experience in providing dynamic learning opportunities for their young learners. You will deliver a variety of classes throughout the week for young learners, and will participate in staff meetings and professional development opportunities. In this way, you will become a part of the Little Mountain community and enrich our school with your contributions.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for include:
- Experience and qualifications in teaching English to young learners,
- A good knowledge of teaching early literacy and phonics,
- Confidence in communicating with parents,
- Strong classroom management to encourage a positive learning environment,
- Experience in designing plans and delivering lessons which are student-centred and include integrated tasks,
- The ability to assess students in a meaningful way to support their progress,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to collaborate, exceptional organization skills, a high level of professionalism, flexibility and a sense of humour!
WHAT WE OFFER
Little Mountain attracts and supports the growth of top instructors. Growth opportunities exist for teachers to become program leads, curriculum developers, teacher trainers and administrators. There are numerous professional development opportunities. We are a fun and energetic school of engaged educators, with a brand that emphasizes community, quality, and personalized learning. We offer $23/hr increasing based on qualifications and experience following an in-house salary scale. Extended medical and dental benefits are provided after 3 months, alongside paid professional development. This position requires you to be located in Vancouver, BC and available to teach on-site in the afternoon and evenings. A competitive compensation package, positive work culture, and professional development opportunities await the right person.
WHO WE ARE
Little Mountain Learning Academy is a leader in after school academic enrichment and ESL education. Located at the entrance to the UBC campus in UBC Village, we have provided leadership in after school Pre-K through Grade 12 education for over 13 years. Our curriculum is developed in-house and under constant development and improvement. We are recognized locally and internationally for our brand of high-quality education. Our curriculum is not just delivered in our Vancouver classes, but also internationally through our partnership with Smrt English, an online language learning platform. Please take a look at who we are here: https://lmacademics.com/lmla-mission/
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a one page cover letter, which includes a little about your experiences and your teaching philosophy. Without the complete application package items you will not be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your application and we appreciate your interest in Little Mountain.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $23.00 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)