Located 20 minutes south of Saskatoon, the newly built 155‑room Dakota Dunes hotel will be a tribute in design to the historic Whitecap First Nation. We invite you to apply to come work at this beautiful 4 Star property.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
· Handles employee questions and concerns.
· Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
· Supports daily Front Desk shift operations.
Supporting Progress toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
· Supports day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
· Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
· Strives to improve service performance.
· Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Supports training of staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
· Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
· Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
· Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Supporting Projects and Policies
· Supports implementation of customer recognition/service programs, communicating and ensuring the process.
· Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
· Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
· Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and aid in problem resolution.
Supporting Handling of Human Resource Activities
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
· Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
· Supports training when appropriate.
· Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
· Understands the functions of the Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
· Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
Job Type: Full-time
· Guest Services: 2 years (Required)
· Night Audit: 2 years (Required)
· Hotel Front Desk: 2 years (Required)
· Hotel Manager on Duty Experience 2 years (Required)
· Hotel Front Office Supervisor Experience 2 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift