Reporting to the Manager, Learning Centre, the Instructional Designer (ID) is responsible for the design and development of high quality, effective learning solutions for in-person, blended and online environments to address operational requirements and support talent development objectives. They build cross-functional relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders and SMEs to design and create appropriate learning solutions and experiences that are clearly aligned with business strategy and priorities.
The incumbent determines the current level and needs of the learners, defines the end learning outcomes that successful students will be able to achieve and makes sure that teaching and assessment activities are aligned to support students in doing so. The ID suggests pedagogical principles, learning theories, and possible uses of technology, for all learning settings.
The ID will:
- Assess learning needs and identify gaps in a target audience’s performance
- Develop effective eLearning content using eLearning authoring tools and technologies
- Amend training courses as required to adapt to regulatory and business changes
- Remain current on legislation and advances in the learning and development field
- Lead special projects that support the creation of a high performance workforce
You will be evaluated against defined criteria, skills and attributes. As such, you should clearly identify related / relevant experience that corresponds to the qualifications below.
Education & Professional / Technical Knowledge:
- Undergraduate Degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Certificate in Adult Education, Instructional Design, eLearning Development is an asset
- 3+ years of eLearning instructional design and development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, instructional methodologies, technology-enabled design and learning methods
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design, delivery and evaluation
- In-depth knowledge of talent development concepts, theories, practices and techniques
- Advanced proficiency with use of various applications/tools/technologies (e.g., MS Office, HRIS or Enterprise Management Systems) and eLearning authoring tools (e.g., Moodle, Storyline, Captivate, Articulate) to develop learning
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to manage people without formal authority
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to be creative and proactive in offering new approaches and training solutions
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong ability to produce high quality reports and meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and self-managing skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn security industry regulations/legislation
- Willingness to do overtime, as required
- Ability to obtain an Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter quoting reference #18-313 before the 29 November 2018.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for interview will be contacted
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Instructional Design: 1 year (Preferred)