An exciting opportunity for a SAFe Agile Product Manager role arises in NAVBLUE.
You are looking to combine working on great Flight operations digital products in a SAFe agile way ? Then this job is for you.
Mission+ is NAVBLUE’s brand new Electronic Flight Assistant which gathers all information pilots need in one single application on a globe-centric display. It includes electronic navigation charts, mission management and weather depiction on the globe. This mission centric solution optimizes the pilot’s journey from preparation to closure of a flight.
The successful applicant will be the product manager of the M+ Flight and M+ Maps modules.
- M+ Flight is the integrated electronic flight folder module for mission management providing briefing packages, flight follow-up and reporting capabilities to pilots.
- M+ Maps is the charting module that contains all the NAVBLUE aeronautical data for Enroute, Terminal charts and Supplement information.
Navblue uses the SAFe lean and agile framework to develop its solutions. As per SAFe guidance:
Product Management is responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable products that meet customer needs over the product-market life cycle. To do this, they collaborate with a wide range of people to identify and define customer needs, understand the Solution Context, and develop the Vision, Roadmap, and Features required to meet these needs. Then, they support the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) in delivering value through the Program Kanban and Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
© Scaled Agile, Inc.
NAVBLUE is a leading services company, wholly owned by Airbus, dedicated to Flight Operations & Air Traffic Management solutions and services for airlines, airports, and Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs). We combine aircraft manufacturer expertise, flight operations know-how and agile development to enhance operational efficiency, optimize resources and increase productivity for safe and sustainable aviation. Our global teams deliver a reliable, optimum and customized user experience to more than 500 customers worldwide.
Main responsibilities of Product Management are described in the SAFe framework at https://www.scaledagileframework.com/product-management/
As a Product Manager in NAVBLUE, the applicant will:
- Get understanding of the markets and the users
- Support continuous update of the product strategy, vision and roadmap
- Manage and prioritize the backlog of features, ensuring it always reflect the most current needs of customers: create features, support the implementation, ensure acceptance of features, support architectural runway
- Ensure continuous delivery of value with optimal market timing
- Relentlessly contribute to improving agile and processes and practices
- Bachelor degree in aeronautics, software engineering, business or any related field
- Solid experience in Aviation industry, noticeably Flight Operations – good knowledge of EFB solutions including Charts
- Experience in agile digital product development
- Experience in SAFe as a product owner / product manager would be a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities & Competencies:
- Basic flight operations knowledge
- Part-Dat (commercial air transport operation), aeronautical charting, weather, regulatory environment (AMC 20-25, ED 273…) would be a strong asset
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer focus and business acumen
- Ability to learn and grow
- Team player mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders
- English negotiation level
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Navblue is committed to creating an environment and a culture where everyone feels like they belong no matter who they are or where they are from. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, record of offences, and basis of disability or any protected class. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Bangkok (Thailand), Malmö (Sweden), and Gdańsk (Poland) with other offices all around the world.
The Future is Yours for the Taking: https://youtu.be/vdY6gYuceYY