Commissionaires Great Lakes (CGL) is a private, not-for-profit organization founded in 1925 on a mandate that prioritizes providing meaningful employment for veterans and others committed to the well being of Canadians primarily in security guard and related services. Spanning Central and Southwestern Ontario, our services are customized to respond to the dynamic and evolving security needs of both private and public sector clients. These include uniformed guard, mobile response and support services, by-law enforcement and identification services.
We are currently seeking a Commissionaire to join our growing team.
Your commitment to serving the needs of our clients and employees will encourage client and employee loyalty and enhance our organization’s success.
WHAT OUR EXCEPTIONAL COMMISSIONAIRES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensure access control is followed and client property is secured
- CCTV system monitoring
- Extensive internal and external patrols
- Desk duties
- Maintain positive attitude and professional working relationships with employees, visitors and clients
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and deportment
- Respond to alarms and building emergencies
- Issue contractor keys and access cards
- Provide assistance to employees, clients and visitors
- Complete daily logs and written reports as necessary
- Ensure that the reception desk is monitored at all times
- Other duties as may be required by the client or site supervisor
WE ARE EXCITED FOR YOU TO OFFER US:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- *MUST* Ontario Security Guard License
- *MUST* Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to complete frequent patrols
- The ability to work alone while maintaining a high level of service to the client is essential
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Medical and Dental
- Employee assistance program
- Family Assistance program
- Coaching and counselling support
WHAT THE JOB OFFERS YOU:
Hourly Rate of Pay: $18.05
Location: Downsview Office Complex
Hours of work: 0700 - 1900, Saturday and Sunday (weekends)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR COMMSSIONAIRES:
As a front-line representative of our company and client’s site you must be highly reliable, work well under pressure, able to work with minimal supervision, have the ability to multitask and be a professional who takes pride in your dress, deportment and performance at all times.
We would like to thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires Great Lakes (CGL) is fully committed to abiding by all equal opportunity employment standards. Our employment policies strictly prohibit all forms of discrimination on any of the grounds in relevant laws. All our employment practices are solely based on individual merit and our organization's needs at the time.