Looking for a way into a skilled trade? Consider a pre-apprenticeship in the thriving sector of Truck & Coach Technician - No experience necessary!
This is what you’ll receive with your FREE training:
· Employment Readiness Workshops
· Level 1 Training at Mohawk College
· Paid Work Placements
YMCA Employment, Training & Settlement Services is pleased to offer a Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program to encourage participants to enter into the trade of Truck and Coach Technician.
Pre-apprentices will have the opportunity to develop job-specific skills while working with a licensed Truck and Coach Technician and obtain the Level 1 - college level training at Mohawk College as required by the Provincial Apprenticeship Training Standards.
Pre-apprentices will also have the opportunity to have exposure to the trade of Automotive Service Technician during a one week in class session at Mohawk College to experience an alternative option for employment within the Motive Power trades.
PROGRAM DURATION: Approximately 8 months including orientation period, work experience and in class instruction.
WORK DESCRIPTION: A Truck and Coach Technician is a person who:
- Detects and diagnoses operating problems in frames and steering mechanisms, engines, transmissions, brakes, ignition, axles, fuel systems, engine management systems, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, emission control systems, and air conditioning / refrigeration systems.
- Adjusts, overhauls, repairs and reassembles engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends,
- Uses various diagnostic equipment to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Keeps up to date on advances in technology and updates present skills.
- Reads and interprets owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service
- Willing to work and go to school in the Hamilton or Halton Area.
- Mechanical aptitude and interested in committing to the apprenticeship training.
- Must have valid driver’s license, able to obtain a driver’s abstract, and access to a vehicle.
Job Type: Apprenticeship