The Quality Control Supervisor’s main role is to implement and assist in the development of a corporate compliance program across the facility. The Quality Control Supervisor will be required to co-ordinate with others where necessary, working to adapt/implement company policies and procedures as per the ACMPR and with respect to Operations, Quality Assurance and Facility Security Protocols.
The Compliance Supervisor will develop and provide relevant training for employees and third parties on compliance related topics and will provide compliance guidance, advice and support to various departments and the management team. He/she will be expected to conduct compliance due diligence reviews of third parties and compliance vetting of specific transactions and to engage in risk assessment exercises and business projects to ensure compliance requirements are met. The incumbent will help to identify monitoring needs and perform monitoring activities to minimize compliance risks and will conduct reviews and investigations on specific compliance issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and governmental regulations;
- Create, implement and maintain appropriate policies, procedures and standards to mitigate compliance risk within Zenabis
- Provide guidance on Zenabis’ compliance expectations, reviewing both internal, ACMPR and third-party controls and standards and working with relevant teams to resolve any issues
- Participate in the investigation and guidance for disciplinary actions
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Maintain documentation/record of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes
- Prepare and maintain regular progress reports and updates on compliance reviews for the Management Team as well as identify gaps and pitfalls within current compliance controls to ensure those issues could be resolved or mitigated to prevent potential misconduct.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Conduct internal compliance audits with QA Manager for the various departments within the facility
- Manage compliance deviations, escalating matters appropriately to the QA Manager and to conduct ad hoc investigations into potential compliance issues
- Work with Operations team on complex and significant matters, to develop compliance strategies incorporating business and operational considerations
- Participate in the Health & Safety Committee
- Accountable for being a key interface with the regulators and other government agencies regarding compliance matters.
- Provide assistance to Health Canada auditors in compliance reviews.
- Always maintain professional and friendly attitude
Other duties as assigned by QAP & Divisional Manager (RPIC).
- University degree required; Science, Business or legal preferred.
- 2+ years in a lead/supervisory role;
- Strong experience in the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or related industry;
- Significant experience in a compliance role- establishing/running a corporate compliance program
- Practical knowledge of at least one ERP application an asset
- Strong ethics coupled with respect for the highest compliance standards
- Ability to deal confidently with range of personnel including senior management
- Experience in developing and delivering training
- A/RPIC Status an asset
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Good knowledge of GDP
- Computer proficiency including MS Office
- Excellent communication and Organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (dynamic, strong relationship builder and influencer)
- Bilingual Mandatory
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Security Clearance may be requested for this position
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. Some weekend may be required
Physical Requirements: None
Job type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Lead/Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Compliance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Atholville, NB (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)