Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Hospitality Service Associate is responsible for routine, periodic and project cleaning functions in all areas of SRHC facilities. This position will perform a variety of functions including cleaning & facility support, as well as patient and nursing support, all within established frequencies, as per written work assignments. Work performance will be subject to auditing and inspection so as to maintain acceptable standards.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated problem assessment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Demonstrated individual leadership skills
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Successful completion of required training program within designated time limits
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Routine and Terminal Cleaning of Patient rooms
- Routine and Terminal Cleaning of Isolation Patient rooms
- Cleaning & Remaking of Patient Beds, Stretchers, Wheelchairs, IV Poles, and Commodes etc.
- Routine and Complete Cleaning of Offices, Examination Rooms, Washrooms, Lounges, Locker rooms, Lobbies, Waiting Areas, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Areas
- Replenishment of dispensers, including: paper towels, toilet paper, and hand care products etc.
- Between Case and Terminal Cleaning of OR Theatres, PORR Suite, LDR Case Rooms, Nursery Areas
- Cleaning & Restocking of Bassinettes, Issolettes, Procedure Tables
- Routine Floor & Carpet Care; including: damp/wet mopping, scrubbing, dust mopping, sweeping, vacuuming