Ronald McDonald House Charities® South Central Ontario (RMHC®SCO) is part of 15 Ronald McDonald Houses Chapters across Canada. We provide a home away from home for families of children who are seriously ill and being treated at nearby hospitals. Built in 1993 and located next to McMaster Children’s Hospital, RMHC®SCO is independently owned and operated by Kid’s Care Oncology Central West Ontario and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, managed by a small staff team, and supported by a full complement of dedicated volunteers.
RMHC®SCO expanded from our original 15-bedroom home to a 41-bedroom house and reopened in the Spring of 2012 to serve more families in their time of need. We also operate two Family Rooms and the Happy Wheels & Hospitality Cart within McMaster Children’s Hospital.
At RMHC®SCO, a clean and germ-free environment is vital to the health and well-being of the families we serve. Under the supervision of the Housekeeping Lead, the Canada Summer Jobs role will provide additional support with general housekeeping and laundry duties, as well as ensuring all areas and guest rooms meet the highest cleaning standards.
- Contract Details: 28 hours per week for 10-week contract
- Shifts will be scheduled between the hours of 9am to 10pm, weekday and weekends
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and as-needed cleaning tasks in accordance with RMHC® Operational Standards
- Complete tasks to the required level of RMHC®SCO Service Standards
- Communicate any maintenance and ordering needs to the Housekeeping Lead
- Prepare guestrooms for the arrival of new families
- Provide additional supplies for guestrooms as necessary (i.e. towels, bedding, etc.)
- Clean and sanitize all common bathrooms
- Sweep/vacuum floors
- Clean/tidy common areas
- Organize storage rooms as required
Health and Safety
- Training will include proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE is provided by the House) as well as infection prevention and control measures
- Perform duties in accordance with Health and Safety standards
- Report any health and safety concerns to Housekeeping Lead
- Attention to detail is essential
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Satisfactory Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check
Family, staff, volunteer, and community health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our House. We have minimized community access to the House and provide appropriate PPE to families, staff, and volunteers. Before entering the RMHC®SCO, individuals need to complete a Daily Health Check & Self-Declaration and have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day.
We will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
RMHC®SCO is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility accommodations to participate in the recruitment process for the above position, please state required accessibility accommodations with your email application.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract