Job title :
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT
PRINCETON HEALTH CENTRE
Princeton Health Centre is looking for casual Administrative Services Assistants to join their team! If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus one year's recent experience, a current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver's license....Apply today!
Princeton Administrative Services supports two programs:
Provide right care in the right settings for seniors and people with disabilities to remain independent and in their homes as long as possible.
Prevention & Promotion:
Services are offered at the individual, group, and community levels and in a variety of settings with a focus on the promotion of health and the prevention of disease and injury.
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support to Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS)/Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU)/Primary & Community Care Transformation (PCCT) programs, such as:
- Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
- Schedules and confirms client appointments;
- Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
- Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS/MHSU/PCCT resource material;
- Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
- Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
- Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
- Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
Shift types are days and shift times are from 08:30 to 16:30 hours. This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team! Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
- A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
- An Office Administration Certificate;
- A current valid BC Driver’s License;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position
**Please submit an Office Administration Certificate, Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within past 48 months) and copy of Driver's License.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor