JOIN OUR TEAM!
Role: Junior Estimator – Construction
Reporting To: Estimating Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Calgary, AB
Do you want to be part of a company that is growing and excited about change?
Join the Safeguard Industries team as our newest Estimator!
What Makes this job Awesome?
Your role as our Estimator is critical to the organization and will prove pivotal in the continued growth of the Safeguard Industries product lines. This position requires a proactive, forward thinking and energetic person who is results oriented and capable of professional and detailed follow through.
How Will You Do This?
We measure impact by your successful ability to:
· Actively participate in the bidding process of various tenders
· Review all bid opportunities and keep track of deadlines
· Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
· Develop cost estimates for material, labour, equipment, and transportation
· Complete bid forms and ensure they are within the given specifications
· Perform evaluation of bids and provide the pricing in a timely manner
· Conceptualize layouts for the project
· Support the sales team with contract negotiation, as required
· Communicate effectively and build relationships with our clients
We Want to Hear from You if You Have:
· Degree or certificate in Engineering (preferably Civil or Structural) or Architecture degree, a plus
· Experience in structural steel, familiarity, ability to interpret tender drawings and specifications
· Minimum 2 years proven estimating experience, preferably in construction and structural steel
· Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connections, and erection practices
· Strong background in new and rehabilitation construction, steel fabrication, concrete
· Ability to articulate distinct aspects of products and services
· Ability to position products against competitors
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to work in fast-paced work environment
Even Better if You Have the Following Characteristics:
· Ability to problem solve and take ownership of your work and responsibilities
· Understanding of construction sales process with general contractors and sub contractors
· Time management and superior communication skills with team members, clients and vendors; ability to multi-task
· Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
· Well-articulated entrepreneur and enterprise mindset
· Ability to think outside the box and demonstrate a creativeness to ensure bids are competitive whilst maintaining margin
Who is Safeguard Industries?
Safeguard Industries is committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service, so they’ll always choose us for their fall protection, custom fabrication, engineering and installation needs.
Safeguard has been providing Fall Protection and Safety Products and Services for over two decades. Initially offering fall protection, we later expanded into safety product sales, in-house freight services and now, Safeguard offers full steel fabrication services for any application. With decades of combined experience, we offer complete workplace safety solutions for any application.
What can We Offer You?
We are proud of our culture. We believe in our employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are happy - they will thrive and our business will grow.
Our corporate culture includes:
· A strong, collaborative work environment
· Training, training and more training
· Development programs created to empower our team
· Life-long friendships
Safeguard provides the following benefits:
· Competitive pay
· Medical, dental, life insurance plans
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities!
Visit us at: www.safeguard-industries.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- steel sections/weld symbols: 1 year (Preferred)
- estimating in construction: 2 years (Preferred)