Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, Marriott on the Falls is a 404 guestroom full service hotel, minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. Marriott on the Falls also offers sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview Restaurant along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
Marriott on the Falls Hotel is currently looking for a Night Maid our Housekeeping Department. This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness in public areas, lobby, meeting rooms, pool area, basement level, fitness center, offices, and staff room. The Night Maid will work closely with the Executive Housekeeper and the Housekeeping Supervisors to maintain the standard of cleanliness of the Marriott on the Falls Hotel.
- Check and clean restrooms.
- Check and clean Guest elevators.
- Clean all glass on entrance doors.
- Clean pool and area windows.
- Collect soiled pool towels and re-stock counter with clean towels.
- Remove garbage.
- Dust and polish the railing on the main staircase.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas; make sure all chairs and sofas are clean.
- Keep marble floors clean and free of dust and footprints.
- Responsible to keep Ladies and Men’s restrooms clean and tidy. Supply with toilet paper, paper towels and hand soap.
- Complete any Room Attendant duties, should there be a need.
- Report all concerns related to Engineering, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances.
- Expected to adhere to all Marriott Standards that relate to hygiene, grooming, Health and Safety, Fire, Accommodations, Guestroom Standards and Guest Interactions.
- Follow all Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Complete various housekeeping duties assigned by your manager or supervisor.M
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Must be able to work 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. (subject to change based on business needs)
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, overnights, split duties and public holidays
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a good command of the English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all guests
- Must be dependable and demonstrate organizational skills
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure. Remain calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to perform job function with minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain and portray Marriott Standards and Policies
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and team members to work laterally with departments to convey concerns and come to solutions
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Capable of lifting heavy laundry loads, approximately 40-50 lbs
- Able to work in an efficient and timely manner
SOME BENEFITS MARRIOTT ON THE FALLS EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
- Complimentary daily staff meal.
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott and Starwood brands hotels worldwide.
- Complimentary parking; complimentary bike storage facilities.
- Shower and locker facilities.
- Complimentary Company sponsored events.
- Medical and dental benefits program
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of your own home, any computer, tablet or smartphone 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via. online.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time