Looking for an interesting job where you can make a difference? Look no further. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years' experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Supervisor, Lab Operations - Cytology to join our team in Toronto, Ontario.
As a Supervisor, Lab Operations with a specific focus on cytology, you will be responsible for the achievement of goals and targets related to safety, quality and cost effective delivery of diagnostic services to assigned work groups. You will also be responsible for the efficient day to day operations of their assigned employee group, including planning, coordination, evaluation and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and management of all employees assigned to them. This is a Full-Time role for the afternoon shift . This role may include periodic rotation to other shifts depending on operational need.
In this role you will:
- Attract and retain talent, including hiring, onboarding, training, managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports in collaboration with their manager.
- Conduct performance management of their staff and ensuring accurate documentation of corrective actions taken
- Manage day to day operation of their area and generally plan to weekly or monthly cycles
- Develop and approve employee schedules, sick time, vacation and leaves ensuring compliance with operational needs and company policies.
- Provide active leadership and development to all direct reports, ensuring all individual and team accountabilities are delivered upon.
- Identify, implement and manage to ensure continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, customer service and staff development.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain the appropriate resources; work collaboratively with peers and support groups
- Participate in local Leadership Teams and provide timely and appropriate communication to area staff.
- Support a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
The right person for this role will be focused on implementing business plans including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business and leading smaller special projects. Other requirements include:
- College Diploma - Medical Laboratory Technologist or equivalent education and experience
- Must have relevant recent experience, knowledge and technical skills in the appropriate field
- Current registration with College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- 6 years laboratory experience or equivalent experience
- Must have technical knowledge, proven people leadership skills and change management abilities. Must be a "self-starter" and able to create a positive employee relations climate, fostering common goals and teamwork
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team and can live these values with us every day.