Sahara Rehab Consulting Ltd. is currently seeking a contract Full-Time or Part-Time community-based Kinesiologist to join our team of dedicated professionals. We are an established company that has been servicing clients for over 5 years. The successful candidate will enjoy a caseload with a mix of injuries and disabilities, including brain injury, chronic pain, and acute trauma.
We provide community-based rehabilitation services in the Greater Vancouver Area to individuals with various medical conditions and disabilities, including brain injuries, soft tissue & orthopedic injuries, chronic pain and mental health issues. Rehabilitation services are provided to clients in their homes, community centres and or their respective workplaces so travel to each client is required.
Visit us online at www.saharaoccupationaltherapy.com/ for more information about our organization.
Please note that there may be potential for extension of the temporary contract or conversion to permanent in the future.
- An undergraduate degree in kinesiology or human kinetics.
- Must be Registered (in good standing) with the BC Association of Kinesiologists.
- Experience with Return to Work planning.
- Comfortable working with a third party referred clients.
- Ability to teach educational and exercise classes, if required.
- Functional assessment, physical demands assessment and job site visits, along with motivational interviewing skills are assets.
- Minimum of two years of work experience as a kinesiologist.
- Have access to a car.
- Proficient in business-related computer skills that include Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Work with an interdisciplinary team consisting of physiotherapists and occupational therapists in matters regarding treatment, progression, and management of clientele.
- Development, instruction, supervision, and advancement of an appropriate and safe therapeutic exercise program to meet the needs of the client.
- Increase the confidence of clients in their physical rehabilitation programs and return to work.
Interested applicants should reply with an updated cover letter and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $34.00 to $36.00 /hour
- Kinesiologist Work: 2 years (Required)
- Registered Kinesiologist (BCAK)? (Required)