Pushor Mitchell Executive Assistant
Who we are:
Pushor Mitchell is a full service law firm located in Kelowna, British Columbia, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. We are the largest law firm outside the lower mainland, with a team of 37 lawyers and over 100 employees, our skilled and talented team provides service in over 25 areas of law. The firm prides itself on providing excellence in service to our clients, innovative legal thinking, and cost effective solutions. One of the key values of the law firm is giving back to our community, and we support a number of charitable, athletic, cultural and professional organizations throughout the Okanagan that help our community thrive. We recognize that it's the committed and capable people that enable us to provide exceptional service to our clients make Pushor Mitchell the highly regarded firm that it is.
Who you are:
You're a skilled professional who values excellent client service and you pride yourself on delivering high quality work. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are continually seeking to learn and grow. You enjoy working with a team of dedicated professionals who share the common goal of making a positive contribution to our community.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for various administrative duties in support of the Human Resources Director and COO. The Executive Assistant is required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management, and the public.
- Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Maintain various human resources records, filing systems, databases and reporting requirements ensuring that confidentiality is maintained.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to managers for such things as absentee tracking, vacations, LOA’s, metrics, and other reporting as requested.
- Administer the employee benefits plans, liaise with the benefit carriers and brokers. Assist people with their various benefit inquiries and benefit coordination.
- Input employee vacation requests into ADP and internal databases; generate reports from ADP as requested.
- Assist in the completion of HR-related surveys and subsidy programs.
- Coordinate firm insurance policies.
- Assist in the administration of various firm committees.
- Aid in the coordination of firm projects and annual activities.
- Coordinate summer student, article student and practicum student onboarding.
- Coordinate employee onboarding and offboarding, including enrollment into Firm internal programs.
- Assist in coordination of our employee appreciation events.
- Coordinate staff rewards (Birthdays, years of service, retirement)
- COO Responsibilities:
- Run weekly reports within our internal systems; follow-up with employees as needed to gather data required for reporting.
- Draft and distribute forms, letters, reports, and memos, as necessary.
- Coordinate logistics of executive team programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Format information for internal and external communication- memos, emails, presentations, reports.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Executive Assistance Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the COO & HRD including: Meeting scheduling & preparation, calendar management, document coordination.
- Provide support with phone and email correspondence for relevant matters.
- Track and submit receipts for expenses.
- Keep track of initiatives and projects – Bring Forward tasks in line with related schedules and ensure follow-ups are managed accordingly.
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of executive management, particularly the COO & partners.
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Office Suite
- Excellent time management, highly organized.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to review, proof, and edit correspondence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across various stakeholders.
- Service oriented, and skilled in communicating with employees and management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience in an Executive Assistant or Administration role in a busy environment.
- Post-secondary certificate in a business-related field considered an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] . Please address your application to Jenny Rodgers, Director of Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 2B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person