Shamir Canada Inc. is a national freeform premiums lens manufacturer that has established itself as a company known worldwide for innovation, revolutionary technology, and stringent quality assurance practices. Shamir provides the optical industry with high quality, cutting-edge lens technologies.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with high standards to join our dynamic team as a Lab Technician. This is a full time position, offering 40+ hours a week. Shamir offers a benefits package, diverse work environment, and excellent career opportunities. Paid training will be provided.
The Lab Technician is responsible for following all processes and procedures within the production department including operating equipment machines, maintaining quality of products and machine maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain clean and tidy work space
- Organizing incoming jobs by priority
- Maintain machinery by running efficiency tests and following procedures
- Identify and select appropriate products for specific order
- Operating machinery and overseeing production
- Verify final orders for customers with quality checks
- Learning optical parameters
- Completion of OSSD required.
- Detail oriented and positive work ethic
- Familiarity with operating fine machinery
- Knowledge of optical theory and lens production is an asset
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of quality standards
Job Type: Full-time