Personal Support Worker
Ritz Lutheran Villa/Mitchell Nursing Home
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Care, the Personal Support Worker contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively providing care to residents as directed by the registered staff in charge.
REPORTS TO: Director of Care; Assistant Director of Care
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $20.86 to $21.38 per hour
- Personal Support Worker certificate preferred or enrolled in an accredited PSW program or nursing program and completing the practical experience requirements of the program,
- Experience working with the vulnerable population, in a long term care setting preferred
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) training an asset
- Must be capable of meeting the physical demands of the job and apply effective body mechanics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able and willing to work as an effective team member
- Two (2) Years clinical experience in long term care preferred
- Flexibility to work all shifts (days, evenings and nights)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Good Interpersonal Skills
Please submit a complete resume by visiting careers page on our website: www.hpha.ca or by dropping your application off at Ritz Lutheran Villa’s reception desk.
Ritz Lutheran Villa is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
“Caring is our reason for being.”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.86 to $21.38 /hour