Charger Logistics is a world class asset-based carrier. We specialize in delivering your assets, on time and on budget. With the diverse fleet of equipment, we can handle a range of freight, including dedicated loads, specialized hauls, temperature-controlled goods and HAZMAT cargo.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated individual to our team based out of our Brampton office.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers to pick up and deliver loads to and from customers
- Coordinate and modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers.
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and establish new routes for timely deliveries.
- Assist driver with routing directions and communicate proper execution.
- Maintain high compliance to dispatch standards and operating procedures.
- Communicate specific freight requirements and procedures to drivers.
- Update customer web portals with up-to-date load information.
- Enforce safety procedures such as monitoring driver reports to ensure equipment safety.
- Analyze transportation planning opportunities to reduce transpiration cost.
- Ensure proper placement of trailer pool to support customer’s daily requirement while maintaining cost.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in trucking industry and/or dispatch experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations preferred
- Positive attitude with good people skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word) with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Experience working on Fleet Manager is an asset
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefit Package
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time