Tool and Die Maker (Open to Flexible Shifts)
Rollstamp Manufacturing/Magna Exteriors
- Builds new dies and tooling from drawings and /or specifications by laying out, setting up, machining, fitting and finishing metal stock and castings.
- Repairs dies and tools used in production as needed. Testing repaired dies for proper operation, operating press as required, and running test parts.
- Has a good basic knowledge of various materials (tool steel, etc.) heat treating and basic welding.
- Operates a variety of machine tools to cut, mill or grind.
- Verifies conformance of completed dies to specifications by checking dimensions clearances, alignments and finish, consistently working to close tolerances.
- Operates crane to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
- Provides assistance and guidance to Tool & Die Apprentices.
- Shares ideas/suggestions for improvements and root cause analysis to all team members, including Management.
- Maintains, 5S, safety and housekeeping standards of work place as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other Company policies and procedures or by the supervisor.
- Completes tool room job sheets.
- Comply with Section 28 of the OHSA.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations as outlined in the Rollstamp Employee Handbook.
- Adhere to all applicable Business Operating Systems Procedures.
- Any other reasonable request made by Management.
- High School Graduate (Grade 12).
- Qualified Tool & Die Maker (completed 4 years apprenticeship).
- Mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Responsible and accountable individual.
- Minimum 10 years experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Tool and Die: 10 years (Required)
- Tool and Die (Required)
- English (Required)