Millwright / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Would you like to be a part of a revolution in agriculture in Canada? If so, we would love to hear from you!
At GoodLeaf Farms we are a proud Canadian company at the forefront of innovation, striving to grow food security for communities from coast to coast. We are breaking ground in an industry that is quickly proving itself to be sustainable, not only environmentally but economically and socially as well. We are focused on producing ultra-fresh greens, 365 days a year using no harsh chemicals, a carbon footprint that is just half that of a traditional farm and using less than 10% of the water traditionally used, to create a world where plants thrive!
Why work at GoodLeaf Farms?
It is our commitment to provide you with the work environment and tools necessary to be successful in your role. We hope that you will find your work here rewarding, challenging, and meaningful.
- Excellent compensation package that includes a generous onboarding bonus
- You will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level. GoodLeaf is growing and we want you to grow along with us!
- We have an entrepreneurial and inclusive spirit with the heart of a startup.
- We foster an environment of cooperation and communication.
Every day at GoodLeaf Farms we get to help solve the challenge of food security for communities across Canada and do it in innovative ways that inspire healthy lifestyles. We think that’s exciting and the best reason of all to join us!
What we are looking for
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Millwright / Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance functions of the Calgary Farm facility to ensure all equipment is functional to meet production and business needs. This includes helping to build and maintain all preventative maintenance programs for the Calgary Farm.
What you will be doing
- Install, maintain, and repair automated food processing equipment
- Install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilation, and air condition equipment
- Troubleshoot operational equipment malfunctions and enact repairs as required
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks to ensure equipment reliability
- Record observations regarding the condition and reliability of equipment
- Work independently to complete repair requests and do planned projects
- Enhance equipment performance by recommending and enacting improvements
- Document work on a computerized maintenance management system
- Other duties as determined necessary by farm requirements
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic or Red Seal Millwright certification
- Practical knowledge and experience with automated equipment and PLC’s
- Experience in an industrial setting
Nice to have’s
- Any other applicable Red Seal Trade certification
- Experience in a food processing setting
GoodLeaf Farms is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination employer.
GoodLeaf Farms is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at GoodLeaf Farms are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person