Here we GROW again! 2 NEW positions available.
Do you like to forecast, prepare schedules and manage workloads?
Are you able to direct services and create efficiencies?
We look forward to welcoming 2 NEW experienced Maintenance Planners to our Heavy Metal family that are motivated, committed and want to grow with us.
The Planners will be working in safety-sensitive positions on a 14/14 rotation within the necessary mine sites in the Oil Sands Region in the Fort McMurray/Wood Buffalo Region.
Maintenance Planners' primary responsibility is to create and document safety-focused scopes of work to support the maximum reliability and availability of the Heavy Metal fleet. This is done by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labour, parts and material, and equipment access. Job plans are intended to ensure or extend the life expectancy of equipment, therefore aiding in the total reduction of maintenance cost and increased output of product.
An excellent Maintenance Planner will be:
- Sound in their knowledge of maintenance and workflow processes
- Clear, effective communicators
- Highly motivated and self-driven to do their best work every day
- Experienced, competent and able to problem-solve
- An enthusiastic team player
- Focused on reliability
- Sound in their planning practices (use of data, provision of materials, visiting job sites, prioritizing tasks, work with and clearly communicating plans, making continuous improvements)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture, as well as the small details
- Proactive and solution-focused
- Able to accept learning opportunities to continually develop themselves professionally and personally
- A planning professional that strives to provide the highest levels of service and quality of work with Heavy Metal's best interest at the forefront of all tasks
Planners in this position will be expected to work 12 hours per shift on a 14/14 rotation, starting at 5:45 am.
Accommodations are provided through shared company housing and the Planners will be responsible to get to Fort McMurray on their own. Transportation from the accommodations to site, return, are also provided.
In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages & benefits
- Shared Accommodations
- Transportation from accommodations to site
- Group Benefits (Health, Dental and so much more)
- Matching RRSP or Retention Program
- Safety Bonus Program
- Positive team environment
- Current tooling and equipment
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Site specific training
- Safety training
- Advancement opportunities
- Participate in the creation of Safe Work Procedures (SWPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Build and develop relationships with vendors and internal customers as required to maintain communication and flow of information
- Monitor and maintain forecast tools for major components by managing input of hours and processing component replacement forms
- Generate a weekly report outlining forecasted outages for the next 3, 6, 9, 12 months based on utilization for manager approval
- Develop and document a Bill of Materials per component, per asset to accurately capture the components and associated parts required
- Develop and document time estimates as it relates to preventative maintenance, backlog repairs and outages to optimize resource allocation
- Develop and document complete scopes of work for all maintenance activities
- Work with supply chain personnel to ensure the required parts are ordered, kitted and staged as per planned completion dates.
- Prepare work plans to ensure goals are achievable within the maintenance schedule and evaluate maintenance systems and recommend alternative procedures if needed
- Develop and maintain systems, coordinating with necessary departments and recommend alternative procedures if needed
- Ensure all production assets are documented electronically with BOMs, critical spares identified and preventative maintenance (PM) activities developed for the maintenance team to execute
- Create, revise and maintain planning documents with clear and accurate process instructions which conform to manufacturer specifications and Heavy Metal standards
What We Need From YOU:
- A desire to make a difference and take pride in your work
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with heavy equipment
- Related industry experience with Red Seal mechanical, engineering or technical certification
- MUST include in depth experience with CAT, Komatsu, John Deere and Hitachi
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical skills
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Shop and/or field work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Collaborative communication style
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills and experience (Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and use of Macros)
- MUST be able to complete a Respirator Fit test and don a mask at any time while at work, which also means compliance with facial hair requirements to ensure a complete seal for the mask
- The ability to lift and manage 50 pounds without assistance
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of an Advanced Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Unrestricted access to mine sites
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you)
- Comply with federal, provincial and Heavy Metal/client worksite requirements regarding COVID-19
Please Note: Employment is conditional upon successfully meeting ALL of the hiring requirements.
Helping you Move the Earth!
Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is North America's largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Maintenance Planner in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please include all specific makes, brands and models of equipment you are experienced in.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews.
Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Reference ID: MTCPLA-FM-AB
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
We have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our teams by providing: strict protocols/practices to meet legislated, client and company needs, additional PPE and modified the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
- planning: 3 years (preferred)
- heavy equipment (dozer, haul truck, excavator): 1 year (preferred)