Mayfield Management Group Ltd. is seeking a Property Accountant, reporting to the Manager, Property Accountant to work in our Edmonton office. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who is looking to join a dynamic and progressive Property Management company.
The Property Accountant is responsible for full cycle accounting for a portfolio of intermediate-level properties. This role is essential in providing accurate and timely financial information necessary to manage properties and budgets, make timely decisions, provide meaningful financial reports and monitor and control cash flows.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce monthly financial statements
- Utilize budgets and other tools to analyze variances
- Provide supplementary reporting
- Monitor and reconcile receivables
- Monitor and review accounts payable
- Review operating budgets and year end reconciliations
- Create new ideas to bring value to our internal and external client experience;
- Liase with internal staff and clients in addressing concerns and questions;
- Review full cycle property management accounting (financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting);
- Contribute to the Finance team deliverables including reviewing work prepared by others and providing indirect coaching and support to their peers;
- Leadership and administration over treasury and banking management reporting and allocations.
- Collaborate with external auditors and regulatory bodies.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience in full cycle accounting;
- Experience in public practice considered an asset;
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel to generate reports;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; team player
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with MRI software would be an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Full Cycle Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)