The Electronics Technician will work building, testing, troubleshooting, and modifying custom electronic components, parts, equipment and systems.
Reads work orders and schematic diagrams, follow production drawings or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
Assemble, Inspect and Test finished electric and mechanical assemblies (electrical panels)
Competent in use of soldering equipment,
Populate circuit boards according to the schematics (surface mount and through hole). Must be able to identify electronic components and perform thru-hole soldering.
Build cables (strip conductors, crimp pins and assemble according to a schematics)
Crimps terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping device.
Maintains or helps maintain a neat and orderly work area
Experience and ability to successfully use small hand tools (calipers, crimper, etc)
Flexibility to work additional hours when required
- 5 plus years of hands-on in electronics assembly
- Experience assembling electronic instruments in either a professional or personal capacity
- Proven ability to read and create wiring diagrams
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments at once and respond to unpredictable workloads
- Detail oriented with high standards and attention to detail and accuracy
- Work Independently
- IPC-A-610 preferred
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- of Electronic Assembly: 5 years (Preferred)
- aerospace assembly experience (Preferred)
- IPC-A-610 (Preferred)