AXIS Career Services, the employment division of the Association for New Canadians, is seeking a Web Administrator.
- Consult with AXIS team to determine ongoing requirements and changes
- Maintain, update and manage online Skills Matching Database and employability tool
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the database/website
- Optimize content for the website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test database/website related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Prepare progress reports as outlined in project agreement
- Maintain confidentiality and documentation in accordance with privacy laws
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Assist with other duties as required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science in Computer Science and/or Web Design
- Considerable experience in Web and Database development
- Experience with programming using .NET in the Windows environment
- Experience in maintaining .NET based web applications
- Ability to troubleshoot older applications, read existing code and resolve issues
- Ability to develop, maintain, support, debug, and document new development projects and existing web applications
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
The position is subject to satisfactory Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.
AXIS Career Services - ANC values inclusiveness and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information regarding AXIS Career Services, please visit http://www.AXIScareers.net.
Job Type: Part-time