Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Kiwi Newton Group is to excel in delivering; economical, high quality, low carbon, low energy and low maintenance building systems and structures in the ICI building industry. We strive to make and improve better products and develop our people to work together with various skills. We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have an exciting opportunity for a Concrete Finisher.
Based in Guelph, we are currently looking for a concrete finisher with the ability, skill and a strong desire to be part of our team who builds and produces our own leading edge patented CanadaCar Parking Structure System. Experience in ICI construction, concrete form work would be ideal but not required. Our preference is to hire people with drive and passion to join our dynamic team.
Best Rates for the Best Skills!
- Build and finish precast concrete walls, plates, stairs, and other products
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Work with materials such as wood, concrete, and steel
- Utilize various hand and power tools to produce and repair precast concrete
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Red Seal in Concrete Finishing considered an asset
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50+ lbs
- Experience working in the construction industry (considered an asset)
- Basic hand and power tool experience (asset)
- Experience reading drawings (specifically precast drawings)
- Certifications in Forklift and Overhead Crane an asset
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Able to provide their own transportation
- Clean driving record
Kiwi Newton Group encourages people to enjoy work and working with others, to be creative and effective in teams, to be reliable for other team members and to develop efficient work habits to serve customers well and deliver best value excellent buildings and structures.
Kiwi Newton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants who consider themselves qualified.
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only candidates being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Concrete Finishing: 2 years (preferred)
- Construction: 2 years (preferred)
- Precast Concrete: 2 years (preferred)