Our Mississauga facility is looking for a Bindery Machine Operator who will perform set ups and operate stitchers and drills. This position reports to the Team Lead / Production Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform set ups and operate stitchers and drills
· Troubleshoots problems to maintain quality standards and to keep finishing equipment in running condition.
· Examine product frequently to ensure that it meets customer quality specifications
· Pulls and inspects frequent run samples and notifies the Bindery Lead Hand in the event quality standards are not being met
· Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures.
· Will be responsible for accurate recording and documenting of production, and communicate this information to the proper areas.
· Performs other related bindery duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Attention to detail and persistent in completing all tasks on time
· High school diploma or equivalent work related experience
· Good verbal and written communication skills
. Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
· Meticulous, bondable, reliable
· Adhere to Company policies and procedures
· Previous Print Industry environment is considered an asset
. Must be able to make minor adjustments to equipment
. Good mathematical skills are an asset
RRD is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under RRD’s Integrated Accessibility Standards policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Your request for accommodation requirements will be maintained as personal and confidential. RRD is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift