We are growing our Pickering office and are looking to support and develop enthusiastic procurement specialists to offer our clients long term sustainable solutions. Successful candidates will have growth opportunities from industry experts in a variety of areas and freedom to play a leading role in our business with our Utility clients into the future.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is a premier provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. We provide the most comprehensive range of engineering services available to the Nuclear Power Generation Sector supplying solutions to both OEMs and operating stations. We have performed significant scopes of EPC work and are experienced in implementing the full range of EPC functions in the high-quality nuclear environment. Our broad industry knowledge includes the following core competencies: "High-quality level, multi-discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls, Civil) nuclear engineering design, procurement, and construction management".
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services for the organization.
This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company and our clients, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Prepare and/or review procurement specifications
- Identify purchasing requirements
- Prepare and review Project Procurement Plans
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Prepare and administer bids, requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information, and other vendor documentation
- Prepare, review and issue purchase orders in accordance with all applicable codes, standards and RCM quality assurance procedures
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues
- Post-Secondary education in engineering, business, sciences or equivalent level of education plus experience
- 4 - 10 years progressive experience in a purchasing role.
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada is an asset.
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Working experience in the Nuclear industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial terms and conditions
- Demonstrated experience in purchasing materials and services, including knowledge of ERP systems
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
· Ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment and take direction from coworkers and superiors
· Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands
· Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player
· Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
· Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access a plus
- Some travel may be required.
- Able to physically inspect company property and assets.
- Overtime as required.
- Fast paced environment, repetitive computer work
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. adheres to and in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
RCM Technologies Canada Corp. is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.
Reference ID: RCMT - 2021-01
Expected start date: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Remote work due to COVID-19
- Purchasing: 4 years (Required)
- Procurement: 4 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place