**Please apply on our website** - www.bigbluebubble.com
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Big Blue Bubble is looking for a Game Testerwith a passion for gaming to join our Quality Services team. Candidates must have extensive experience playing games across a wide variety of genres and platforms and be driven by a strong desire to learn and improve the games they will work on.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Perform various tests on games including functionality, usability, consistency, content, and hardware compatibility.
- Create detailed written bugs to track errors to resolution.
- Execute and maintain test plans to assure development that builds are ready for mass consumption.
- Draft weekly reports on issues and concerns for the Quality Assurance Lead and the Quality Services Manager.
- Document issues that appear in-game in a detailed manner and liaise directly with programmers to coordinate solutions and testing.
- Provide back-up support to our customer support team during peak times by knowing how to use and respond to our customers using our online ticketing system (Live Agent).
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Secondary school diploma. Video Game Design and Development degree/diploma, preferred.
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Google suite, Adobe, and Atlassian products.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in foundation level testing techniques.
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools (JIRA preferred).
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Passion for video games.
- Experience with mobile games, mobile technologies, and social media.
- Native knowledge of any of the following second languages (Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, French) would be a tremendous asset.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
Job Type: Full-time