This position will support the organization by taking ownership and responsibility for the integrity and accuracy of the Master Data set.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure dataset is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Create & ensure adherence to current processes, updating these where required
- Create and manage ERP master data including material masters, BOMs, routings, QC routings.
- Develop standards and templates for Master Data and ensure data set integrity is maintained during entire new item creation process.
- Lead reviews and clean-up of current master data and implement processes for scheduled reviews and data cleansing to rid the system of inaccurate, old, unused data, or duplicate data.
- Implement controls and procedures designed to ensure the correct flow of information and strong cohesion of master data between the ERP system and surrounding tools such as Sharepoint.
- Provide assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) as required.
- Participate in Routing analysis time and motion studies to verify accuracy of ERP routing entries.
Specific short term objectives for this role include:
- Conducting a thorough review of current Master Data and leading the required clean-up initiative.
- Mapping and formalizing the process for creation and maintenance of Master Data.
- Establishing and communicating clear ownership and responsibility for the accuracy of specific data inputs for the Master Data set. Report non compliance
- Defining and implementing a comprehensive controls and approval process that ensures data inputs are first verified and approved by area managers.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment where attention to quality, detail and right the first time (RTF) are equally important.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Management and Data Governance practices.
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral). The successful candidate would be expected to develop and deliver appropriate training.
- The ability to communicate clearly on technical issues and instill confidence in internal and external customers at all levels – Executive, Functional Management and others.
- Familiarity with a variety of ERP systems – ERP implementation experience is a desired asset, as the company has the objective to transition to a new platform within 2-3 years
- Previous experience controlling and maintaining accurate and robust Master Data databases.
- Bachelor's degree (information science, data management, computer science, industrial engineering or related fields) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience working in a similar or related role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brockville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- data management/computer science: 5 years (required)