To All Candidates: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN DUBAI, UAE.
We are Hydro, Inc., a global industrial pump re-engineering company headquartered in Chicago. We have an opportunity located in our Hydro Middle East facility in Dubai for a Senior Pump Engineer.
As a leader in our industry we continue to grow, invest our business and support our customers. Due to our company growth this is a new opportunity and the main focus of this role is to provide engineering support to our customers in Oman and Dubai. You will also be responsible for overseeing the work of other local pump engineers within Hydro Middle East and provide engineering support to other global divisions when needed.
We attract individuals with exceptional talent in our industry who contribute to our growth initiatives. If you are interested in joining an entrepreneurial, world class global engineering services and manufacturing company we want to speak with you.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for engineering design, documentation, testing and technical support of both field installation and manufacturing issues.
· Writing technical reports to include installation procedures as well as Operations and Maintenance Manual.
· Oversee all performance testing.
· Actively champion design improvements that promotes increase in pump's operational reliability or decreases in either manufacturing cost or operation cost.
· Oversee the activities of assigned drafting staff in the creation of drawing and Bills of Materials to support design responsibility.
· Responsible for engineering parts list and any other engineering documentation.
Provide technical support and system analysis of customer equipment/system at jobsite.
· Troubleshoot engineering issues.
· Oversee failure analysis of hydraulic components
· When possible conduct training seminars on pump hydraulics.
· Travel to customer sites with sales people or on your own.
Perform the following functions successfully:
· Ansys stress analysis
· Mechanical (vibration, modal) and hydraulic performance testing
· Reverse engineering support
· Provide support for documentation and maintaining Hydro’s engineering manual.
· Review, validate, document and maintain engineering related software programs.
Skills and Attributes:
· Leadership – a demonstrated ability to lead people, organize work plans and get results through others
· Planning – perform short and long range planning
· Must demonstrate strong technical decision making capabilities
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
· Excellent project and program management skills
· Engineering software skills in SolidWorks
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· 10 years’ experience in the aftermarket pump design/pump refurbishment industry
· Computer and ERP system proficiency.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- Mechanical Engineer Pump Industry: 10 years (preferred)