WALPOLE ISLAND FIRST NATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Job Title: Finance Officer
The Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the Finance Department reflect Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and meets the Walpole Island First Nation (W.I.F.N) philosophes, financial policies and mission statements. The Finance Officer also will supervise and coordinate the activities of the Finance Department Staff in order to provide the necessary fiscal support services for W.I.F.N. as well as provide assistance to the Finance Comptroller (Director of Finance).
- Post - secondary degree in finance or business administration with accounting major or CAFM designation.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience;
- Three (3) years working with/for a Native community is considered an asset; Clear criminal record check.
- Must be bondable
- Ensure staff receive appropriate training and ensure updates regarding company policies and regulations are communicated to Finance department staff.
- Responsible for ensuring the following is completed: bank reconciliations, bank deposits and transfers, statements, analysing financial information for accuracy, required funding agency reports, and coding.
- Ensure the WIFN Hunting and Fishing Permit Program is operating in an efficient manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies, procedures, legislation, agreements and by-laws, which could impact upon the financial responsibilities of the Walpole Island First Nation.
- Assist with the yearly auditing process and ensure the finance staff is prepared for the audit.
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Temporarily due to COVID-19