Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant
Location: Markham, ON
Monarch House is a child development centre providing seamless services to families impacted with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental delays.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth communicate to the best of their ability and enhancing their relationships while maximizing their quality of life, this is your chance to work with an interdisciplinary team to reach your goals.
The health and safety of our staff is our #1 priority. As you care for others, Monarch House will care for you. Monarch House has safety measures in place to keep you, your family, and your clients safe. Our approach to virtual care incorporates the use of advanced, secure virtual technology, and a full-service client concierge, to deliver effective treatment where you can connect directly with your clients to assist in their care as well as facilitate consultations.
As an Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) at Monarch House you will support the Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) team in progressing patient goals. You will work primarily with school aged children but may also work with pre-school children or adults. Interaction with patients and families may be virtual or face to face. You will follow the programming developed by the SLP and will be directly and indirectly supervised by the SLP on a regular basis.
Take an inside look at what you will do each day:
- Assist in the implementation of recommendations of the SLP treatment plan and carry out treatment sessions based on the specific therapy goals established by the supervising SLP
- Understand treatment objectives and stay within those objectives until the treatment program is changed or modified by the supervising SLP
- Determine the need for and/or develop intervention materials for additional intervention from the supervising SLP
- Document treatment sessions by writing progress notes that reflect patient performance and behaviours as well as any other relevant information, ensuring all documentation is aligned with the CBI standards
- Contribute to excellence in the patient and stakeholder experience, as well as the team through collaboration and maintenance of professional relationships, which do not exceed the support personnel’s role and professional boundaries
- Elicit, collect and record patient response data. Maintain confidentiality of all patient, family and significant others’ personal health information and other information disclosed during intervention
Here is what you will need to be successful
- Secondary courses in linguistics or language development
- Post Graduate Certificate in Communicative Disorders an asset
- 1 to 2 years of community experience is an asset
- Experience with virtual care an asset
What Monarch House can offer to you!
We are proud of our friendly environment, supportive leadership and the knowledgeable team members who make it all possible. That is why we do everything we can to show our appreciation. Our training, mentoring and education programs will provide you with opportunities for continued learning – and support and guidance whenever you need it.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits package fully covered by Monarch House, if eligible
- Achieve work-life balance working in a city you love at any one of our 6 Canadian locations as well as virtual care options
- Exceptional thought leadership and mentorship
- Be part of a growing, diverse company
- Work in a supportive team environment, where you can grow professionally for continuous learning and skills development
- Autonomy to explore and reach your career goals including the opportunity to progress to management
As you care for others, Monarch House will care for you by providing the Personal Protective Equipment (E.g., gloves, masks, eye protection), training and resources that you need to feel confident every day.
We are committed to making a difference in people’s lives – and that starts with yours. You will enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to achieve your goals at work and at home, with a balance of teamwork and independence. We have a team of Supervisors and motivated colleagues who are excited to meet and support you!
How to Apply
Please apply through Indeed!
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Established in 2009 in British Columbia as an interdisciplinary treatment centre for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families, Monarch House has now expanded its geographic network and services to include the full range of services for individuals with academic, behaviour, communication, learning, motor, physical, speech, social and vocational needs.
Monarch House is a dynamic team of professionals providing challenging career opportunities and fulfilling roles in British Columbia and Ontario. Our professional staff work collaboratively and/or individually with each client and specifically tailor services to their needs. Our services can be provided in our centres, at clients’ homes and schools, in the community, and in specialized housing settings. Working with the fields’ thought leaders, we conduct our own research and are committed to continuous learning to provide the most effective treatments possible.
Monarch Houseis committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different. Find out more at www.monarchhouse.ca/.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have access to your own vehicle? MUST ANSWER
- This position will require some travel in the Markham and Vaughan area. Is this okay with you? MUST ANSWER
- What is your availability?
- When are you available to start?
- Class G Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person