Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Production Assistant is a member of the Grow Team that helps coordinate the daily activities in our production facility. We are looking for energetic, ambitious, and creative individuals to join our growing team.
- Conduct daily care and maintenance of plants from clone to harvest
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area at all times, including routine cleaning
- Weekly sterilization of equipment and infrastructure
- Harvest and repopulate rooms in an efficient and timely manner
- Follow all SOPs related to daily work activities to maintain compliance with regulations
- Maintain general care of tools, technical equipment, and production facility
- Work cohesively in a group or independently as required
- Ability to work in warm conditions
- Ability to work with and handle disinfection chemicals
- Ability to lift 25kg or more
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment/machinery
- Able to follow direction
- Must show high-level of initiative and passion with respect to growing plants
- Must be able to work a variable of shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science or horticultural experience preferred
- Must have meticulous attention to detail
- Must have knowledge of plant processes
- Must be able to carry out often repetitive tasks at a continuously high level of quality
- Willingness and flexibility to complete any task that may be required
This is a full-time position based out of Edmonton, AB.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.