The WoodSource is seeking a Sales Associate to join our expanding team of lumber and millwork sales professionals.
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS
The WoodSource is a growing Canadian business providing custom millwork services and specialty lumber to Eastern Ontario and beyond. Sourcing woods locally and from around the globe, we supply some of the finest building materials to business partners, contractors, independent homeowners, and skilled craftsmen. We are proud to employ over 40 people and greatly value the contributions of each of our team members. We are committed to providing the highest quality material and service to our customers.
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Associate will provide fast, friendly service by actively responding to customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. The Sales Associate has an emphasis on department and product knowledge, providing information on product features, and knowing related items to sell an entire project. They will also help to maintain an attractive storefront by ensuring merchandise is stocked, well presented and properly priced.
Schedule: 42.5 hours a week with Sundays guaranteed off
Location: 6178 Mitch Owens Rd, Manotick
- Provide excellent customer service (greet, qualify, recommend, and close customers)
- Provide customers with expert advice regarding various wood products
- Process customer sales (price quote, file order, take payment)
- Answer the sales desk phone and email inquiries to respond to customer orders
- Restock items in the store
- Ensure the store and sales desk are kept neat and tidy
- Other tasks as required
WHAT YOU NEED
- Professional approach and presence
- Outstanding attitude: have initiative, display excellent follow-up, have a positive outlook and be a pleasure to work with
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to clearly communicate in French is highly valued
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Previous sales experience is considered an asset
- Industry knowledge and previous retail experience are considered assets
- High school diploma essential; College diploma/university degree is considered an asset
Interested? Please apply by 07/31/20.
Job Type: Permanent