Description of the project: The Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay ForLife brings together communities, united by the same goal of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer. These events are also an opportunity to celebrate those who live and have lived in the face of cancer and those moving past cancer.Whether you are cheering on survivors, walking the track or joining in exciting trackside activities, Relay ForLife is an unforgettable event! Visit www.relayforlife.ca for more information!
Main responsibilities - Newmarket, ON
- Responsible for recruiting new people in the Newmarket and surrounding area to participate in the Relay for Life event
- Responsible for re-engaging past participants to participate in the event
- Communicating with new and past participants through phone calling and email communications as well as in-person opportunities at promotional events.
- Represent the Canadian Cancer Society as a leadership volunteer in your community
- Self Motivator
- Connected in the community
- Interpersonal skills
Time Committement: January 2020 – end of June 2020
Attend in-person monthly or bi-weekly committee meetings. Participate in email communications and conference calls. Attend event day.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- team leadership: 1 year (Preferred)