Job Posted - Store Manager (Southgate Centre - Temporary Contract)
We are hiring a Store Manager for a temporary position at our upcoming Southgate Centre Twisted Goods location in Edmonton.
About Twisted Goods:
Twisted Goods is an independently owned retail gift company with six current store locations in Calgary, Saskatoon, and Edmonton, with two additional temporary store locations opening up this fall. Our products include gifts, home décor, personal accessories and more; and we keep a consistent focus on sourcing products that are local, sustainable, functional and beautiful. Our business is based on DIRECT input, effort and ideas from all team members – from the part-timers to the store managers.
As a gift company, we focus on having an identity centred around GIVING. We are looking for team members who find value in personal growth, helping others, and contributing to an atmosphere of positivity and productivity. At Twisted Goods we are always asking ourselves how we can give to our customers, our teams, and the communities that we are part of.
We strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset. Our goal is to find people for our teams who are not only qualified and capable, but who fit in with our company culture and values. These are people who can contribute to our success as a company while also pursuing the great opportunities that our company offers – to advance, to learn, and to enjoy coming to work every day.
As a Store Manager you will be heavily involved in setting up and opening our new store, and you'll be trained in all areas of day-to-day store operations at our Southgate Centre location. This includes but is not limited to: leading your team in all aspects of store operations and excellent customer service; managing store inventory; exceeding store goals; effective staff scheduling; overseeing store visual standards; communication with vendors and Head Office; and more. We strongly believe that the right candidate for this role is someone who will bring with them a wealth of previous knowledge and experience, and who will take charge of their own growth and success in this position. Training and support will be provided to help you feel confident in your role at Twisted Goods.
Hours and dates:
This full-time position will begin in August 2021 and will require 40 hours per week. Contract runs to January 31, 2022 with potential to become a permanent position thereafter.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a store manager in a high-volume store
- Minimum 1-year experience in leading a team
- Strong team building & recruitment skills
- High levels of organization and time management
- Motivated to achieve sales goals, and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Computer skills (basic computer and internet skills, MS office programs)
- Experience in inventory management and shipping & receiving
- Able to stand for extended periods and lift up to 40lbs
- Creative problem solving skills
- Fun, high energy, positive attitude
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Desire to grow with a great company
- Available to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Holds themselves to a high standard of excellence and sets the example for those around them
You’ll know you’re right for our team because:
· You are a strong leader and take ownership of any role that you are in
· You thrive on overcoming challenges, and love to be constantly learning
· You are a great team-builder, and enjoy helping others succeed
· You are dedicated, self-motivated, and a strong team player
· You are great at multi-tasking & prioritizing a variety of tasks
· You are a strong, clear, and positive communicator
· You lead by example and create a positive atmosphere
· You have a passion to serve and assist customers
· You enjoy knowing the latest themes and trends in décor, gifts, and fashion
· You take pride in your professionalism and reflect it in your style and personal presentation
· You want to work for a local business that cares and will push you to be your best
· You have a contagious passion for great products and you want everyone - from your team to your customers - to know!
· You love people, and can work well with customers and fellow staff
Reasons you’ll know you are at home in this position
· We’ll train you on our computers and systems
· We’ll give you goals and targets to constantly challenge you
· We’ll give you reviews and great learning and advancement opportunities
· We’ll offer great compensation, paid vacation days, and lots of perks along the way
· We’ll make bonus and benefits opportunities available as applicable
· You’ll be part of a team that values your input
· You’ll be supported and appreciated for all your hard work
Please send your resume and cover letter to the email provided.
Contract length: 5 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00-$46,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What draws you to Twisted Goods / this position?
- What do you value in a work environment?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (preferred)