Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Permanent- Part time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Support for Elderly Autonomy Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Paratechnical personnel (BA, HSSA, Sterilization Attendant, etc.)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
Person whose function is to see to the hygiene, well-being and supervision of beneficiaries. Sees to their comfort and general needs and makes sure they are kept occupied in a safe environment. Assists them in moving about, transports them and may accompany them outside the institution.
Provides beneficiaries with basic care and informs the nursing team about beneficiaries’ state of health and behaviour.
May be required to install certain devices for which she/he is trained. Sees to it that equipment and materials are available, maintained and operating properly. May transport materials, specimens and records.
- Diplôme d'études professionnels (DEP) completed in Assistance to the Person in a Health Establishment (APES), from a school recognized by the Ministry of Education (COMPULSORY) OR carried out in recognition of prior learning and skills (RAC),
OR DEP completed in Assistance to the Person in Establishment and at Home (APED),
OR DEP completed in Health, Assistance and Nursing (SASI),
OR Have at least one year of successful study in a college and / or university nursing program,
OR Diploma outside Quebec in nursing or medicine recognized by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (or Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities) and we will offer the CPR and PDSB training internally;
- PDSB and CPR training completed and up to date;
- Interest in working with the elderly population;
- Concern for the safety and well-being of residents;
- Sense of organization and priorities;
- Ability to provide basic care, support and supervision in accordance with established practices;
- Ability to adapt to the individual characteristics of residents and to various situations;
- Ability to establish a therapeutic relationship with French and English-speaking clientele (BILINGUALISM).
*** Must be available to work day, evening, and/or night shifts, and one out of two weekends ***
*** Even if your DEP is not yet completed, if your candidacy is selected through the hiring process, we can make an offer of employment conditional upon successful completion of your professional program ***
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.