We need YOU to join our growing team!
In conjunction with the Millwright Supervisor, provide, plan and coordinate a comprehensive mechanical service carried out by the KEI millwrights, as well as outside services to include repair, installation, PM and continuous improvement initiatives. Ensure all millwrights are working safely, wearing proper personal protective equipment provided, etc.
- Must follow safe work practices, know and comply with all regulations, report an injury or illness immediately, report unsafe acts and/or conditions.
- Provides day to day direction to millwrights regarding work to be performed
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems, hoists, polishing equipment and act as a resource to department staff.
- Responsible for the sustainability of 6S within area.
- · Works effectively with all Plant personnel to promote KEI objectives and goals.
- · Will attend all meetings and training sessions.
- · Complete all required paperwork (time cards, job evaluations, work orders).
- · Communicates all issues to your Supervisor, such as safety, staffing, budgets, etc.
- · Responsible for reviewing /scheduling work orders, preventative maintenance and ensuring parts are available.
- Follow through with instructions from and perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent education.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a mechanical/electrical maintenance field.
- Licensed Mechanic (Millwright 433A).
- Certified Golf Cart and Scissor Lift License or ability to obtain.
- Qualified in First Aid or ability to obtain.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High technical skills.
- Ability to work with/from blueprints.
- Good hand tool flexibility.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and welding processes.
- Varies from high to low levels of effort.
- Able to perform tasks set out in the Physical Demands Analysis and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Flexibility, ability to work extra hours (Be on call 24 hours)
A family owned and operated company, now in its 71st year, Kuntz Electroplating Inc. (KEI) has become the benchmark for quality and service in premium plated products to the automotive and motorcycle industries. WE are an environmentally conscious company where the health and safety our employees is and will always remain our highest priority. We offer a safe, positive and dynamic work environment, where people treat each other with mutual respect and fairness, where this is opportunity for personal growth and fulfillment, and where there is a real team spirit.
If you are looking for a challenging, fast-paced position with a community minded and family oriented company come join our team! We ask that you bring your enthusiasm, positive attitude, strong work ethic and an eye for detail.
We can offer you:
Paid salary weekly!
Group benefits start at 3 months (Health, Dental, STD, AD&D and Life Insurance) with additional group benefits at 6 months including extended health care, dental, vision, out of Canada travel, LTD, etc.
Group RRSP/DPSP with 50% company match after 1 year.
Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
Suggestion Award Program
Employee Service Recognition Awards.
Career Development opportunities
Company Social Events including Adult's and Children's Christmas Party, Golf Tournament, Theatre tickets, Sporting events, fishing derbies, BBQs, Pizza Days, Ice Cream Days... and much, much more!!
Employee Discount Program to many, local vendors
Company supplied uniforms
Safety Boot Allowance
Prescription Safety Glasses
Come learn what we can offer you!
Kuntz Electroplating Inc. (KEI) is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. KEI will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will provided upon request.
Job Type: Full-time