What is the opportunity?
The Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible and accountable for delivering professional and attentive emergency medical/travel assistance to clients requiring medical attention who are travelling abroad. The RN Case Manager is a key resource to identify and develop action plans and to evaluate outcomes in 3 areas of risks: Medical, Financial and Reputational.
What will you do?
- Support our external and internal clients throughout the life of a policy and claim
- The authority to recommend solutions in regards to patient medical case management, repatriation, air-ambulance transfers and transfers to preferred providers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; the ability to deliver difficult messages to clients as well as the ability to work professionally and effectively with internal and external parties
- Critical analysis of complex files for the facilitation of operational/financial risk and effective cost containment
- Tenacity to seek out the information required to determine the best next step(s) in your daily tasks
- A dedicated team player who demonstrates initiative
What will you need to succeed?
- Nursing Degree, or Diploma
- Certificate of Competence and member in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Recent clinical experience preferably 3 to 5 years in ICU/ER
- Well developed interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to adapt in a busy environment with fluctuating workloads
- Excellent typing/computer skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Travel industry knowledge
- Fluency in either English/French, or English/Spanish, written and spoken is considered an asset
Hours of operation, Monday to Friday 07:00 to 22:00; weekends 08:00 to 20:00. Candidates must be available for rotational shifts. Please note that there is the option to work part-time in the summer months.
What’s in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
6880 Financial Drive
Required Travel (%):