Scaffold Depot Installations is currently seeking skilled labourers to work in the Lower Mainland of BC on a full time basis. We have a great team of people working within a safety conscious environment all over the lower mainland (and occasionally other places within the province as well). This is a great opportunity to grow knowledge of the trades while furthering a successful career through teamwork and problem solving! An added perk of this job is that it will keep you fit without a gym membership! Previous scaffolding experience is not mandatory, as the main duties of this position will be to assist experienced crews in the installation and dismantle of scaffold.
LOCAL TO VANCOUVER AREA ONLY. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS - Skilled Laborers
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs consistently
- Must be willing to work outdoors year round.
- Must be able to work overtime, evenings and weekends if needed
- Valid driver's license, with clean abstract (an asset but not required)
- Observe strict health and safety practices at all times.
- Good communication skills
- Must have CSA approved steel toe boots and a hard hat.
- Fall Protection Certification (we can provide training)
- First aid is an asset but not required (we can provide training)
- Punctual, reliable, and a "self-starter"
- Assisting scaffold crews in erecting and dismantling of scaffold
- Providing other trades with safe, secure access to areas both indoors and outdoors.
- Assisting in tracking of on-site scaffolding materials.
- Performing other activities as directed.
- Climb heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints.
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability.
WORKING CONDITIONS * This is moderately strenuous work. Scaffolders must be capable of performing repetitive tasks and may require extended periods of standing, crouching, crawling, or kneeling.
- There may be potential exposure to high noise levels and hazards associated with live operating plants, industrial sites and remote work locations.
- Candidate must be able to work outdoors year round in all kind of weather.
JOB LOCATION * Greater Vancouver Regional District, Southern B.C., Fraser Valley and the Lower Mainland.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Skilled Labor: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver's License (preferred)
Work Location: In person