Bluewater Pipe is a company making corrugated plastic tubing for agricultural land drainage, road drainage and building drainage. The company is located centrally in southwestern Ontario, and focuses on supplying farmers, drainage contractors and retail building trade dealers with high quality products and service.
This position requires excellent customer facing skills, is resourceful, a solid problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. The successful candidate will possess strong production and accounting knowledge, is a motivated self-starter who is able to work independently, as well as efficient and comfortable working in a team environment, with the ability to multi-task. This is a senior management position with long term growth opportunity, compensation will be commensurate to experience.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Over site and supervision of the accounting and administrative systems in the company
- Month end closing routines and review of the financial statements of the company
- Review of balance sheet accounts and execute adjusting month end journal entries
- Raw Material Planning and procurement / scheduling/ buying / price negotiation with approval of the owner
- Purchase for resale items min inventory level monitoring and replacement PO’s
- Coordination of incoming freight of above
- Plant scheduling mid term and near term
- Daily production entries
- Material transfer entries between stockyards
- Label printing
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist with accounts receivable and payable entries
- Order taking and invoicing
- Quickbooks entry, filing systems and project tracking systems
- Payroll back up
- Participating in picking and loading orders, becoming accustomed to the manufacturing processes used to make the products.
- Office administration duties including but not limited to: answering incoming calls, assisting with order entry.
- Assist/back-up with office administration staff as required.
- Solid Word/Excel;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of combined production and accounting experience; an accounting degree would be an asset.
- Quick Books experience;
- Product and application knowledge is an asset
- Strong personality, doesn’t get upset easily;
- Highly driven, committed, and flexible;
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation during the process, please contact the main office at 226-425-2111.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Plant scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- - Raw Material Planning and procurement: 1 year (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)