If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The General Manager is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a General Manager Your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Planning, co-ordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities of the Residence.
- Developing short- and long-term operational plans for the efficient operation of the Residence.
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure all aspects of Quality Improvement Program are carried out as scheduled. (Quality Management plan, corporate indicators, monthly QI schedules, currency of policy & procedure manuals).
- Supporting sales team members with internal and external initiatives that enhance the reputation of the Residence and maximize lead generating activities.
- Monitoring all departments to ensure that the residence is tour ready at all times.
- Establishing marketing objectives with the Marketing lead on a daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- Reviewing the competitive analysis and making recommendations on annual rate increases and service enhancements or changes based on the trends in the community.
- Fostering positive community partnerships with health and service providers, business leaders, civic officials, and other community agencies to promote the Residence as part of the community.
- Seeking opportunities to ensure a participative working relationship within the provincial health care network.
- Participating in the development of the annual operating budget.
- Overseeing all expenditures, utilizing the purchase journals to ensure departments operate within budgetary guidelines.
- Providing oversight to Occupational Health & Safety Committee to ensure it meets all legislative requirements.
- Monitoring all active claims and ensures ongoing efforts are made for early return to work.
- Monitoring compliance with the policy on Monitoring Resident Wellbeing.
- Responding promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Have completed a Management course or have a minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources, finance, labour relations, marketing, and department coordination.
- Must possess good public relations and communication skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment and foster a positive work atmosphere.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.