A.S.P. Incorporated is powered by our people. A robust team unlike any other within the security industry. We innovate, embrace change, we challenge and we exceed client expectations. We continuously implement new strategies and strive for an environment which creates a culture of constant improvement.
A.S.P. Incorporated has been a Security Service Provider for clients in Ontario and Alberta for the past 18 years. We currently employ in excess of 1200 employee’s company wide.
Our integrity as a service provider helps ensure we honour all our commitments to our Clients which have given us the honour to provide service to them. A.S.P. Incorporated has the experience, dedication, organization, intellectual capital and fiscal strength to offer a complete turnkey service. We will continue to raise the bar, because at A.S.P., "Security Matters".
Airport Security/Customer Service guards provide effective security patrol services within Terminal, Airside and Groundside areas of the airport in a professional, competent and courteous manner. Security/Customer Service guards must instill a strong sense of safety and security amongst all airport stakeholders and the travelling public while providing a high level of customer service in all interactions. Airport Security Guards are ambassadors of the Airport and such must make every interaction a professional and positive experience.
The primary function of Security/Customer Service Guard position is to maintain the integrity of the Primary Security Line (PSL), as well as the sterility and safety lines of the Air Terminal Building by controlling restricted area access/egress and by continuously patrolling and monitoring the Terminal, Airside and Groundside. The Security/Customer Service guard responds to and investigates emergency calls, door/gate alarms, suspicious activities, accidents/incidents, etc. within the Airport Terminal or on airport property.
Shift Lead/Senior Officer
Where two or more Security/Customer Service Officers are performing duties on the same shift, one will be appointed as the lead/senior officer by the Site Supervisor. The Lead/Senior Officer is responsible and accountable for services performed by on-duty guards during his/her shift.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and controls ground-side to airside ingress and egress (restricted area access control);
- Complies with post orders, SOP’s and emergency planning /evacuation procedures;
- As municipal parking control officers, enforce parking by-law at the Greater Sudbury Airport (GSA);
- Administers and collects all GSA vehicle parking lot fees;
- Operates a variety of security and parking equipment including CCTV; Parking Pay & Display Units; Parking Cash Register and Pay on Foot Station and Credit Card Payment systems; Recording systems; PA System; Portable Radios, etc.;
- Respond to screening checkpoint and other airport restricted area alarms;
- Performs security patrols and responses throughout the airport as well as tenant facilities;
- Completes daily logs, deficiency reports and incident/occurrence reports;
- Monitors and enforces pass control and access control;
- Carries out customer service related duties which include: hand shoveling of snow in and around the terminal building, gates, pay & display machines, emergency exits and vestibules; greeting passengers and assisting with luggage when required; assisting custodians or operations crews in the event of safety/emergency within the Terminal such as flooding from a pipe bursting; de-escalating unruly and threatening members of the public until the situation is safely under control and transferred to the police authority;
- Performs emergency response duties in accordance with the Airport Emergency Response Manual. Specific responsibilities include enacting the emergency call out procedure; controlling airside access doors/gates; directing and controlling the media and the general public; recording and disseminating pertinent information related to the incident; escorting emergency responders, etc.;
- Responsible for the oversight and direction the ground transportation service providers;
- Acts as an Airport Ambassador by assisting the public with queries, information and direction;
- Reports all known or suspected safety, security concerns, security breaches, criminal activities, suspicious activities, persons or vehicles, unattended items/articles, etc. and maintains visual surveillance pending investigation or arrival of police, if needed;
- Notes and reports Terminal, Groundside and/or Airside deficiencies (equipment failure, lighting problems, potential Foreign Object Damage (FOD), safety hazards, etc.);
Education and Experience
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent;
- Minimum of one (1) years security guard or airport operations experience.
All applicants for this position must be:
- 21 years of age or older
- A Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Have a clear Criminal Record
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Transportation Security Clearance and Greater Sudbury Airport Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- Must be licensed by the Province of Ontario as a registered Security Guard;
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Provincial Drivers Licence (class G or higher) with a clean Driver’s abstract;
- Must be capable of obtaining an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP), a Radio Aeronautical Licence and Municipal Bi-Law Parking Control Officer Certification within 45 days following commencement of employment;
- Possess First Aid CPR and AED certification;
- Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in Job/Position Description;
- Shift work position (24/7 – must be able to work all shifts and rotations, including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Successful completion of all required training/certification courses, including the initial and annual recurrent Airport Security Guard Training/Certification, Airside Vehicle Operators Licence training/testing; post specific OJT and practical training in radio procedures, usage and communications is a pre-requisite for employment;
- Pre-employment references will be required prior to consideration for employment;
Skills, Abilities and Personal Suitability
- Good Customer Service, interpersonal and relationship management and conflict resolution skills with a demonstrated sense of urgency and an unrelenting commitment to safety, security and customer service excellence;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and active listening skills;
- Competent hand writing and proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office in order to complete deficiency reports, daily logs, incidents, security infractions, breaches or other irregularities during the shift;
- High level of attention to detail and security/situational awareness and ability to identify unusual or suspicious situations/events and critical issues quickly and accurately;
- Agile, vigilant and able to detect problems, react quickly and take appropriate action;
- Adaptable/flexible with the ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced, agile, fluctuating and demanding work environment;
- Resourceful, results driven, detail oriented with a strong desire to be part of a new start-up security/customer-centric team;
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability, good judgement, honesty, enthusiasm and integrity and exhibits a professional, positive and courteous manner at all times;
- Basic surveillance/observation/information gathering/investigation and report writing skills;
- Demonstrates initiative and drive and ability to work both independently as a part of a team;
- Proficient and knowledgeable in handling emergency response situations in accordance with the Emergency Response Manual
- Airport security and/or operations experience is highly desirable;
- Possession of a valid Transportation Security Clearance and a Greater Sudbury Airport Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is definite asset;
- Possession of a valid Greater Sudbury Airport Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP D/DA) is highly desirable
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Drivers License G (Required)
- Ontario security license (Required)