Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
The Artistic Swimming Coach at the Granite Club is responsible for coaching a Provincial or National Development level team. In coaching the team, this includes all aspects of planning and preparation for the team.
- Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary
- Coach attendance at all scheduled training sessions and competitions
- Planning, Training & Teaching under the guidance and leadership of the Head Coach
- Responsible for the coordination of team routine suits and head pieces and routine music
- Communicate monthly training schedules to participants and their families in a timely manner
- Develop and communicate competition plans and schedules for each competition
- Attend all Coaches meetings
- Attend all competitions of the assigned team and assist with supervision and motivation of athletes
- Maintain accurate records on athletes including testing results, individual goals, injury management, and attendance
- Assist with the planning and delivery of club activities as requested by the Aquatics Coordinator and Head Coach (ex. Big Sister events, Aquatic Games, Watershows etc.)
- Complete accident and incident reports when necessary.
- Maintain all required certifications including NLS and Standard First Aid with CPR-C.
- Teach and model the program values of respect, present body and mind, and support, and work to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all participants.
- Current National Coaching Certification Program (certified competition introduction or higher)
- Experience and proven track record of achieving results with synchronized swimming teams
- Current NLS certification with Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!